Best of Scotland Pictures

The more I think back on the best landscape I came across through my travel across the lengths of UK, the more I am biased with Scotland. Though its true that I had never been to Wales, but I have heard a lot of good things especially about the Snowdonia mountains. Anyhow that's for an another day!

I will start with Edinburgh for the purpose of this post. Edinburgh the capital city of Scotland has a very rich culture and an amazing old world architecture. The moment you step out into City Centre, you are instantly transported to a different world. You can see the vastly burnt buildings (yet still standing intact) due to wars (yes Scotland's got a violent history and you will soon get tired listening to stories of wars, atleast I did ;)
Today it is a different story though with rush hour crowds, mostly tourists from worldover and the bagpipers sounding somewhere in the corner, you know that this is certainly one of the destinations to explore.
Edinburgh gives you more to soak in than you can take..believe me. For the art lovers there is the National Museum of Modern Art, right in the center of the city, with its distinctive structure, you surely cannot miss that. The best is the art work and the exhibitions that constantly takes place inside and all that surely takes your breath away.

Not to be missed are the Edinburgh Castle, Hollyrood Palace (the Queen's Home in Scotland), a trip to Highlands and the Edinburgh Festival that is if you visit in August - when the whole city comes alive with so many festivals, activities and shows. All you need is time to experience the live atmosphere and you will truly understand that you are transported to a different time.

I have just showcased very few pictures of Scotland here and this will be continued with lot more information in my successive posts. Thanks for checking out!

My favourite composition from High Street, Edinburgh - you can clearly see the gothic structures!
I was lucky enough to capture this wonderful scenery all covered in mist on way to Loch Ness.
One more gem of a beauty enroute to Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in Britain.

This one is from the Conic Hill overlooking Loch Lomond - the largest fresh water lake in Britain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamy Effect - Bokeh Play

Windermere lake - here we come.

ReWind - Harbour Bridge Walk