Windermere lake - here we come.

Hi guys, hope you are doing good, I am back to blogging after a small gap, was pretty busy moving my home. Well let me not waste any more time and welcome you back to the journey in Lake district with me. 

Continuing from my previous post - after we started from Aira Falls on a road trip to Lake Windermere, I was not quite sure what to expect. The roads were very narrow and it was raining heavily, so trusting my satellite navigation device I was blindly following the route and few minutes into the drive, the road started off on an elevation. It was all normal until I saw distant hills and a narrow road snaking in between them and I knew instantly that this drive is going to be fun.

It was a beautiful experience driving through the hills in rain and mist and the mist just got thicker and thicker with elevation. There were times when I could not see beyond 15ft and was blindly following the tail lamps of the car ahead of me, hoping the guy knew where the road was ;)
Well, for all you know even he was doing the same thing..lol. The most mesmerising moments were watching these mini rain falls flowing from the hills as we were driving through. You could clearly hear the splashing of the falls on to the rocks while passing by. Gosh!!! there were so many mini falls that I had tough time keeping my concentration on the road. I think we just could not have been more luckier. Wish I had taken a few snaps, but I did not want to stop there in the bad weather and also not everything is for the camera - some sights are meant for your eyes and eyes alone.

After those lovely breathtaking moments, we drove up further until we reached our hotel at lake Windermere.
Though it was still early in the evening, we decided to stay put at the hotel and relax the rest of the day as the rain God left us with no other choice. The next morning we woke up hoping the rain would have stopped and sun would shine on us, but to our dismay there was a heavy fog all around the place. Though the hotel had lovely views of lake Windermere, which we soaked in the previous evening, we could hardly see the lake,all thanks to the fog. We were very disappointed and decided to atleast have our breakfast which was pretty good. After a good wholesome English breakfast, as me and my wife were wondering what to do next, we saw that the fog was clearing slowly and could now see the lake in the distance. I immediately ran for my camera and jumped out to see what lay in store for us that day.

Well , just as we had wanted it was indeed sunny that day with the fog gone entirely in half an hour. We did an immediate checkout from the hotel and went off to explore lake Windermere.
Drove a lot, hiked a lot just enjoying the sunny day and the beautiful lake.
This was at the rear of the hotel, shot this snap when the fog was lifting off.


























Once we were done with the long walk, I decided to do something more exciting and hired a private boat.
After brief hearing of instructions and reading rules to sail in the lake, we went off sailing - just the two of us and the whole lake in front of us. It was pure fun as we kept steering our boat in turns and went wherever we wanted to go. For a good one hour we forgot the whole world and were just having a wonderful time exploring the lake and taking in the beautiful sights.  The whole experience was just out of this world, wish I could stay there forever with my own private boat, I would have been the happiest soul :)

Well, there are still lot of pictures that I need to sort out before I can post them here. But enjoy these for now!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dreamy Effect - Bokeh Play

ReWind - Harbour Bridge Walk